Some shots from the Boston Whovian photoshoot
Thank you for taking and posting pictures!!!!
Just look at all the Rivers, Amys, and Rorys from our BCC Shoot!
Photo by: Caitlin Walsh
Shenanigans happened at Boston Comic Con 2014!
Photo by: Kasey Childs
10th Doctor: Chris Doherty
11th Doctor: Jarred Lorusso
Capaldi: Cvinn Hanscom
Happy birthday to our very own Konner!!!!!
From our Provincetown Mini-Meetup!
So this happened during our Meet-up on the 26th.
"Your admins will now have swanky buttons to wear at events so they can be easily spotted and pestered! No more wondering ‘who’s in charge here????!?’ also, they deserved a party favor for being such good little minions…I mean….admins.
MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU IS: how many of you would be interested in Boston Whovians buttons (with a different design, of course) of your own? It’s time to start thinking about raising money for prom, after all! “
- We will be meeting Saturday (8/2), noon to 5pm, in the Provincetown.
- The P-town meetup is back for the third year in a row! Come make the trek down the cape for some fun in the most LGBTQA* friendly town in Mass.
- This is going to be a casual meetup. Don’t feel like you have to go crazy with the costuming, especially if it means you won’t be comfortable, be mindful of the weather! That being said, cosplay (crossplay included) is of course always optional, and if you want to bring a swimsuit some beach time can be arranged!
- Getting there: You can of course drive yourself, but be warned of traffic over the Sagamore bridge
The most hassle-free way nowadays is to go by train; yes, we have a train to the cape. The CapeFlyer (http://capeflyer.com/) runs from South Station all the way to Hyannis and back again. Once you arrive, a carpool will bring you to and from P-Town.
If you want to dish out the cash, you can of course purchase round trip tickets on the Boston-PTown ferry or the P&B bus line.
- Please note, if we can’t get enough drivers to cover the people coming by train, this meetup will take place on Hyannis’ Main Street instead (which is still fun in its own right). Beach time can still be provided if desired
- If you can, please RSVP to the event on Facebook! This way we know how many people to expect and can know who we’re waiting for!
See you all there!
Extra message from Marc Brunco (6th Doctor)
"For people interested in coming to this meetup next month, Groupon has a wonderful deal for a $25 round trip ticket on the Plymouth-Provicedown ferry. Some driving/train riding would still be needed, but you can avoid the traffic and it’s less than the CapeFlyer.
That being said, we’re still looking for some people to help carpool from the Hyannis train station to P-town for those taking the train. This is a really fun meetup despite the traveling distance involved!”
Extra Extra message from Marc Brunco (6th Doctor)
"I’ve set our official location at town hall so we can all congregate there at noon.
However, I still do not have a solid number of people who’ve said they’ll be taking the train or bus to the Hyannis carpool. We’re also in need of carpools from and to Hyannis as so far I’m the only guaranteed car. If you don’t let me know ahead of time I will assume that you have other means to get to p-town.
Other than that, don’t forget to pack your sunscreen, and remember we can hit the beach if you guys want. See you all next Saturday!”
We will be hosting a photoshoot/meetup at Boston Comic Con on Saturday, August 9th!
Currently, the tentative time is 3:30PM, but it will be finalized as the event gets closer.
It will take place on the upper terrace at the convention center, which should be totally accessible even to those without a con badge.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of cosplay, age, or whether or not you are a member of the Boston Whovians!
Check out the Facebook event and stay tuned for updates! I hope to see you all there!
- Fathom Events (the same people that screened the 50th and two Tenth Doctor episodes in theaters, recently) are airing the premiere episode of Series 8, Deep Breath, in select theaters! Based on past history, one of these is guaranteed to be in Boston….so why not have a meetup! :D
- TICKETS HAVE GONE ONE SALE! If you’d like to buy yours, please buy the 7:00pm ones so we’re all going together! If those sell out, you can certainly buy the 9:30 ones and still be part of the fun!
- Save the date! August 25th at 9PM
- Check out the Facebook event and stay tuned for updates! I hope to see you all there!
- Here is the webpage for the Fathom Events screenings!